People often ask me what I’m doing now.
This is mostly my fault, because I work on a LOT of different things at any given time.
Each time, I would type out a reply, describing where I’m at, what I’m focused on, and what I’m not.
So I created this page.
A simple link. Easy to remember. Easy to type.
It’s a nice reminder for myself, when I’m feeling unfocused. A public declaration of priorities.
(If I’m doing something that’s not on my list, is it something I want to add, or something I want to stop?)
What I’m Working On Right MEOW
I’m working full time, staying super focused, and avoiding all distractions. I spend all of my time on these things (in addition to my full-time job):
Hustle (The Work)
Right now, I’m focusing on really pushing traffic, growth, and revenue for my main side hustle. Here’s what that looks like:
- Working remotely (we all are, but I’ve been leading SEO teams remotely since 2018).
- Making big moves as a growth marketer at ActiveCampaign
- Going on other people’s podcasts. It’s one of my favorite things in the world.
- Supporting my students in SEO for the Rest of Us.
- Consulting with the best SaaS and software companies in the world ? Growth Sprints
Heart (The Not Work)
- Monitoring the developing (and re-re-developing) COVID pandemic to keep my family and community safe
- Playing with my wife and boys
- Desperately attempting to focus on my health, fitness, and sleep
Those are my priorities. Honestly, there needs to be less on that list (I’m working on it).
I don’t want to do anything else right now. (This means I’m saying NO to pretty much everything until further notice.)
Things I’m Not Working on Right Now
- My niche sites – In have three sites about things that I love (photography, coffee, and camping) and enjoy building on the side. Right now, those are all just enjoying slow “natural” organic growth.,
- Starring in the sequel to Inception where Sally Draper hires Leo & co to sort out Don’s past and incept him (but this would be the most rad thing ever right?)
People often ask me to do other things. I sincerely wish them the best, and often wish I could help more, but I say no to all requests, because I just need to focus on my work and family.
If my activities or priorities change, I’ll update this page. Last update was March, 2020.
This post comes courtesy of the /now movement started by Derek Sivers.
Read more about it here.
I love it Man. Thank you for these great efforts.
Brad Lloyd says
Awesome story telling, hope to help you in some way?